From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2014 09:31:08 -0000
Hi Tom,

In answer to your question about the purpose of the Other field.  There are
up to 8 Other fields, and these fields can be anything you want them to be.
Pull down the Settings menu and click on 'Other field titles and field
behaviour' and you can give these fields a meaningful label, that the screen
reader will pick up as you tab through the logging form.

These fields also appear in the Awards totals, so you can total up any
specific QSOs.

I guess you could have a field called 'ARRL Centenary' and mark any QSOs you
work with your own callsign.  I know someone who uses these fields to mark
IOTA cards received etc.

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals