From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2014 07:14:09 -0600
Their are hundreds of free aps that people have built for window-eyes.  Some
are useful, some are fun, and some are silly!
I personally like "weather or not" winamp, install packages, and product
search.
The winamp script has hundreds of features, including 400 presets for
bookmarks.
weather or not gives you the conditions for locations that you select.
Product search searches Amazon, and install packages gives you a list view
of packages.  You use the tab key to select the sort criteria.
Their are programmers guides if you want to make new aps to share.  Since
aps are written in a standard programming language, people create and share
them, sometimes asking for donations.  As I think of it, their is another ap
called proof reading" that turns on and off all of the announcements in a
word document if you need to proof a document.

Window-eyes also allows other programs to access many of the sapi voices
that it installs.
It also supports 69 Braille displays out of the box, with out the need for
special drivers.
You can re-map hot keys from the control panel if you want or need to.
I guess I think of GWMicro and Freedom Scientific to be kind of like Apple
and Android.
Both very good, but one enforces its approval on anything to work with its
products, and the other is much more open source.
Both good but with different models.
Personally, I like a product that puts the power in the user's hands.  Maybe
its my pathological independence set of needs.

---