From:
Mike Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:25:31 -0330
Hi Richard:

I use the Zero Five 43 foot 160/10m vertical, although a Compromize on 160
due to its short height for that band.
I tune it with an MFJ-989d in the shack and the auto tuner in my backup rig
has no problems tuning it.
It's ground mounted with 25 25 foot radials, with hopefully more to be put
down come spring. It's supposed to withstand 95mph wind gusts unguided but
I won't be taking a chance, which is I lower it before leaving the cottage
or in times very high winds and snow is forecasted. Part of the antenna is
the fold over base. You remove 1 bolt and the antenna pivots up and down on
the remaining 1. This thing beats hands down any wire antenna I've had at
45 feet. I've never worked into VK or JA on 40m until this antenna. Never
heard them on 80m until this antenna.

HTH and 73:
Mike VO1AX