From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:57:46 -0800
Yep that is exactly what I did.  Here is a strange one.  I get all my
stuff from social insecurity on cd so I can read them.
The last cd I got had a file with a .doc extension.  Office 03 wouldn't
read it, I forget the error.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so i
sent it to the i t guy where my wife use to work.  It was created in 07
and all they did was rename the file with a doc extension.  As soon as i
corrected that and gave it the proper name, office 03 converted it just
fine.   strange...

73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Howard, W A 9 Y B W wrote:

> Tom,
>
> If you drop down to M S Office 2003, you will not be able to read the .DCOX
> file format that Word 2007 and up use by default, however, if you go to
> Microsoft, you can get a file converter that will read the .DCOX files by
> converting them to .RTF.  I am doing this for the occasional .DCOX file that
> someone sends me.  A big plus of dropping down to Office 2003 is to get rid
> of those Damn ribbon menus.
>
> If you want, I believe I have the file converter add-on here somewhere and I
> can send it to you if you want to drop down to 2003.  Just let me know.
>
> I hope this little bit helps.
>
> Howard #3

>>> Butch