From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 12:06:18 -0700
Per great information I received via this blog almost a year ago, I worked my Potassium Iodide supplementation to 8 drops daily, to support my thyroid (the diagnosis was Graves disease, and hypothyroidism..).  I am grateful for the advice, especially as we now have Fukushima fallout to consider, and especially on the west coast of the United States {I live in Oregon.}.
However, I still take 150 mcg. Levothyroxin, and the doctor "foresees" that I'll be on it for the rest of my life. He has said that he would not put me on the natural Armour thyroid drops, as the synthetic form is working so well...
However, I just recently noticed that Armour thyroid drops are available at my local health food store, and I would love to be able to gradually wean off the Levothyroxin and switch to the drops.....even without my doctor's oversight or approval.  I am wondering whether anybody on this list might know of a protocol for accomplishing this, and please accept my thanks for considering.

Diane H.