From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2014 16:39:40 -0500
the coax itself is not vulnerable to water, just the ends where you connect it to your radio or antenna or any grounding stuff. the jacket is already waterproof. that is why coax is convenient for a lot of uses, no worries about water or being on the ground or anything like you do have to consider using window line. If you have a dog you will want to keep it out of reach of the pup because they like to chew interesting looking things.. My dog chewed on part of my feed line and brook through the jacket, letting water wick ito the shield and ruin the cable. needless to say I was not pleased.