From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:57:39 -0700
the 2 pin USB programming cables sold for the baofeng uv5r etc are
compatible with the th f6a.  They can be had for lesss than 10 bucks on
ebay, and I've seen them as low as 4 bucks with free shipping from hong
kong.
The programming software for the th f6a is totally free from the kenwood
website, and is perfectly accessible with JFW and other screen readers.
Why anyone would pay 50 bucks for a cable and software to program a th f6a
is beyond my understanding.
and yes, I have used my baofeng programming cable with my kenwood th f6a and
both read, and written to the radio using the free kenwood th f6a
software...no special odd drivers or adapters or anything required beyond
the simple driver supplied with the usb programming cable.
now as for the baofeng, well, I guess the rt systems software is about the
only one that works if one absolutely has to program via software lol.

73
Colin, V A6KX