From:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2013 03:57:12 -0400
Hello Friends on the list,
    Please have mercy on me if this is an already covered question or seems very dumb, but wondering if there are any new 2 meter ht's out there where can enter a frequency and can easily hit the up and down offset and start talking. dont need a bunch of extras, no d-star, and dont even really care if it scans as dont get on 2 meters very often at all. would just like somehting that is reliable, has pl, and that I can use to hop on a repeater if I hear one of my hf buddies is coming in town. My Icom o2at has died so something along those lines is fine. Still got battery packs for the old icom ht's so perhaps I'm answering my own question, that is if I'm able to find an o2at any more or something similar. Any ideas will be appreciated. dont want to spend much and no problem with buying a new rig except for fact that many seem to need to program with software and trying to find somehting where may not have to invest that much time in it. Really an hf guy who just wants 2 meters for emergency or if traveling out of town and can meet local hams... Thanks for ideas. 73, Dave