From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:04:20 -0500
I attended our local ham club meeting last night, and the central topic on
the agenda was the concern over the dwindling interest and activity in our
ham club and net. It was pointed out that this problem seems to exist across
the country.

I know many of you are members of ham clubs and are involved with your
club's local nets. Based upon your experiences with your clubs and nets, do
you have any recommendations for how we can encourage more interest and
stimulate more participation in our club meetings and activities and in our
club's local weekly 2-meter net?

A related question is have any of you had any experience with how your local
club has been successful in reaching out to recruit new hams and thus, new
blood in your club? What have been the key hot buttons that attract new
hams?

Ron, K8HSY