Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:04:51 -0400
	Hi;
I'm certain if you call your favorite radio store they can give you lots
of choices for foldable quarter waves.  Lots will disagree but if you
plan on operating from your favorite chair rather than operating on the
move you can find foldable half wave antennas that have more gain.  The
connector is very breakable so the longer antenna is only a good choice
if there is no chance of hitting something.  The other issue even with a
foldable metal quarter wave is that they don't bend as a rubber duck
would.  Thus I suspect if it hits something all the stress is on the
connector.
Now that you have more questions than you started with:

richard