ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:54:16 -0600
Grant,

First things first.  I won’t be taking my hearing aids with me when I go either, smile.  Secondly, for me it isn’t the ear canal; it is outside the shell of the ear.  When my hair, what I have left, grows out, it is right over the microphone opening.  I have to make sure my hair is dry so nothing drips on to the microphone where the microphone compartment sits on the back of my ear.  I get my hair cut every three weeks and I don’t even take my hearing aids with me on those days for fear of tiny fragments of  hair  might get  into the compartment through the tiny microphone opening.  There is also a plastic tiny grill, or screen, over the tip of the microphone inside and that screen is coated with a special chemical that tries to repel oils, fine dust particles, moisture, and everything else one can think of.  He cleaned those screens today but did not like what he saw so he put new screens on and is sending the old screens back to the company for repairs and updates.  But then, you likely already know all this type of thing.  Sandy and I have had our hearing aids for about a year now, Sandy a few months longer, and you should listen to us when getting ready for bed at night after we have taken our hearing aids out, hah hah.  Maybe I should record it some night and put it on my website.  Hot dog!  I hit the big time with that business idea.

Phil.