ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 May 2012 20:41:23 -0400
I figure if God knows best what is good for us I don't prey because I am
content to leave my affairs in his hands.  I feel sure I will be safe
regardless.  I have all I could ever want.  I have perfect health, a good
job, fine friends, clothes, food, and shelter.  Whatever else I have is just
extra.   I never at all asked my parents for anything for the same reasons.
They cared for me, provided me with a sound education, and the basics for my
preparation to be an adult.  What else could I have wanted.  Of course I
have had situations which were difficult for me to understand.  But, in
those cases I did my best to understand what I could and allowed God to take
care of what he would.  God gave to me life, loving parents, and a loving
husband.  When I die I shall  live with them all in heaven.  What ever else
could I want in this life.  Why then should I prey.  When God has said in
the Bible he will care for me.  When I think how fortunate I am compared to
others around the world why ask for anything at all?  I will always be
content with whatever I have.   I always have been.