From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 03:03:20 -0700
Hello Scott,

I can't speak to any of the Chinese HT's as I have never had one, but in
general, the only HT's that I have found that work well in large cities are
the commercial units.  I live in Phoenix, and every hammy HT that I have
ever had suffered from terrible intermod, even operating on their rubber
ducky.  When connected to an external antenna, forget about it!  I currently
have a pair of Motorolla HT1250's, and I have never heard one iota of
intermod, and their sensitivity is terrific.  The commercial units have
their own drawbacks of course, like being very expensive and having to
program them via computer software and often high dollar interface cables,
but in terms of sensitivity and lack of intermod, they can't be beat.

73, Alan

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ