From:
Mike Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:00:05 -0400
I had a crain come and put a hook with a pulley in the trees about 60
feet up.  We put twine on the pulley so it would make a loop.  Then I
tied the rope to the twine and made a loop out of the rope.  when we
put up the antenna, where the rope was tied together we tied a short
piece of rope.  we pulled the rope up to the top of the tree, it
would hit the not and stop.  I have an anchor point at the bottom of
the tree. We put about 6 inches of slack in the rope, and then put
milk jugs filled with durt to take up the slack.  If the trees swayed
in the wind, it would pull on the rope and the weight of the jugs
would bring it taught.  I did that so that if it was really windy,
the wire wouldn't break.   Befor you put up the pulley, we bent the
hook so that the pulley wouldn't come off.  It is kind of like how
you would put up a close line, so it can move.
If I didn't explain that clear enough write back.  Sometimes I know
the mechanics of it, but not explain it well.
I hope that helps.
Mike Barnard
KD2CDU