From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 21:01:29 -0400
Tom,

I've never useed rg 8x coax, but I am aware of a problem with low loss coax
like 9913 where the center conductor is a little larger than normal and you
either have to cut off a couple of center strands of wire or use amphenol
connectors which have a slightly larger inner diameter of the center pin and
will take the center conductor without a problem.

When I solder a connector, I roll back the braid and carefully slide the
center conductor through the center pin so about 1/4 inch of wire comes
through the end of the pin.  Then I slowly apply solder so the solder will
be sucked in to the pin rather than making a lump that I'll have to file
off.  Filing off too much solder is too much work for me!(smile)

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]