From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 20:17:27 -0700
It is the Yaesu.

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Howard, W A 9 Y B W
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 3:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Talking box for the SteppIr SDA100 controller

Hi Alan,

Is your 2800 the Orion from M2, or the Yasu?

As I said in my earlier post, I have had the Green Heron Controller for
about 2 years now and love it.

I am controlling an M2 Orion 2800 rotor with it.

It can control most any rotor.  When you order it, Jeff from Green Heron
will set it up for the rotor you plan to use.  There are 2 versions of the
Orion 2800, one is DC and the other is AC so if there is this possibility
with yours, you will need to give this info to Jeff.  You can call him at:
(585) 217-9093 and he is great to work with.

You will need sighted assistance to set up the parameters you want from
either the included software or from the controls on the controller itself.
The software is in JAVA and JAWS would not read it.  There is a newer
version then what I have, perhaps it can be used although I have not tried
it yet.

Some of the settings you can configure are as follows:  ramp up and ramp
down of motor speed to reduce stress on tower and rotor when turning large
loads like yours, maximum motor speed, over travel beyond the normal 360
degrees if your motor doesn't have limit switches, North or South center of
rotation and several others.  You can also save the settings to a file to be

used later should you do a firmware update.

The controller has three push buttons on the front, as follows: CCW, CW and
setup.  When in the setup mode the CCW and CW controls are used to make
selections in the setup mode.  There is a Point-and-shoot knob that you can
use to approximate a heading and when you turn the knob to the desired
heading, the controller will go there.  The control has about a 330 to 340
degree rotation so it is not difficult to approximate the desired heading.

I am very happy with this controller and it should be the last one I will
need to purchase.

If you have additional questions, I will try to help.

By the way, Array Solutions is one of their dealers.

73

Howard #3