From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:35:45 +0100
Buddy
I totally agree with you.
I have two K3 transceivers here.  One had to be substantially re-built a
couple of years ago.
This was done by a friend of mine who, in a previous life, had been a
service engineer for two of the UK ham radio dealers - including the
biggest.
Elecraft were able to supply even the smallest case screws as spare parts!
I would guess the historic major manufacturers would have difficulty in
doing this, and if they could, would take weeks to do so rather than the few
days by Elecraft.
The K3 isn't as robust as other gear, but this has been a conceptual design
compromise.

ATB

David W Wood