Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:59:28 -0400
7bit
From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
I enjoy listening to aviation comms, military comms, maritime traffic, there
is also FEMA traffic, the Customs Over The Horizon Network (COTHEN), Armed
Forces Radio And Television (AFRTS) still has a few SSB outlets and there
are pirate radio stations to be found using ssb.

A brief excerpt from the Radio Reference Wiki about COTHEN is below and you
can go to the wiki page at:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/COTHEN

COTHEN provides communications support for more than 235 aircraft, marine
interdiction vessels, command offices, and numerous allied agencies
including the U.S. Coast Guard, Drug Enforcement Administration, Border
Patrol, Army, Navy, and Joint Interagency Task Forces. COTHEN's Technical
Service Center (TSC) provides real-time on-the-air support services and
guarantees communications between users. COTHEN provides telephone patch
(TRICS), a platform tracking and location system (TRACS), and
over-the-air-rekeying capabilities (DARK).

The Customs Over The Horizon Enforcement Network (COTHEN) uses a
Rockwell/Collins ALE (Automatic Link Establishment) protocol to connect
users to each other over the HF spectrum. If you listen to frequencies in
use on the COTHEN network, you will hear the ALE sounding calls which units
periodically and automatically initiate to determine the best frequency to
use for calls to other units.

Ron Miller

From: Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:53:52 -0400

The Grundig G4 is also worth considering.  It is a small radio, almost small
enough to fit into a shirt pocket.  It will receive ssb and cw and you
definitely can pick up signals using the telescoping whip.

Ron