From:
Ken Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2013 23:24:21 -0400

Hello,

I posted a question a number of weeks ago asking about GF Chinese Food
options in Boston.  I specifically asked for options other than PF Chang's
as I had eaten there, and was extremely disappointed that they did not have
anything vegetarian on the menu other than steamed vegetables and tofu. As
I lived in Taiwan and speak Chinese, I was really looking for
recommendations of authentic Chinese food that you could get to easily in
Boston (especially via public transportation).

From the answers I got, I found out that there really isn't anywhere to get
this in Boston.  Despite my comments, numerous people recommended PF
Chang's. :-(  The one place though that numerous people mentioned was Uncle
Chung's, 266 Worcester Road
Framingham MA 01702, 508/872-9200.  They don't seem to have a website, as I
guess it's a small, family run restaurant, but I heard from numerous people
that they really understand GF issues, and the food is supposed to be
good.  While that's exciting, it's about a 20 mile drive outside of Boston,
so not really accessible to those of us in the city.  I will have to make a
special trip there.

With the hundreds of Chinese restaurants in Boston, I'm so surprised that
one of them hasn't taken advantage of this niche.  There are even kosher
Chinese Restaurants! Hopefully one will soon.

Thanks to all that responded.

Ken Mattsson