ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:34:36 -0600
Thanks Hellen.
I like those quotes.
They are a combonation of quotes given by Jimmy Evans in his marage/intimacy
teachings tapes.
Agape love refers to that sort of love which you set by your will and do not
gage by your emotions or situations around you or with those who you love.
In otherwords, Until death do us part, I will love you through good times
and bad and I will never deviate from this deep selfsacrificing love I hold
for you.
So much of society seems to teach look out for number one now a days and
what they are trying to say is don't let yourself be taken advantage of but
it gets twisted in the emotional end of things because instead of
understanding what you mean when you say that you are now one, you are still
considering yourself as an individual and it brings out that selfish part of
our sin natures which asks, among other things, "What about me?  My wants?
my desires, my needs?"  These are responsibilities of your spouse in a way
now and you need to comunicate to your spouse if you feel they are not being
tended too.
When we get maried we enter a covenant, not a contract.
A covenant means this.
I surrender my rights and I assume responsibilities.
A contract is where I demand my rights and limit my responsibilities.
I appreciate your commenting on my tag line.
It gives me the chance to study my notes more and someday maybe I will be
able to spout this stuff off without refering to my notes and I will be a
confident man of god and husband.
Most of my tag lines are cut and pasted from the notes I have taken from our
Marage teachings.

Take Care,

Matt