From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:32:59 -0400
Hi Phil,
Good silent card choice. I can't comment on the specific AMD functions you
mentioned. But I've never heard of any AMD/ATI, Intel, Nvidia conflict
issues. The best reasoning for this may be that AMD would be ill-advised to
build a card that was not compatible with the majority of the world's
(Intel) PC's. Last month, I did much the same as you are doing. I replaced
a PCI-e Nvidia 8400GS (512M DDR2) with an Asus passively cooled AMD HD6450
(2G DDR3). The computer is an IBM ThinkCentre M51 8141 with a Prescott 3.0
P4, XP Pro 32, which I use as a dedicated HTPC on a 47" HDTV.

I used the free version of REVO uninstaller to uninstall all the Nvidia
drivers/software before I did the AMD installation. REVO  finds related
registry entries and files, and gives the option to delete them. Been using
it a few years with XP & Vista, not Win7, with no problems. I always use
the deepest search function of REVO. It will use a program's dedicated
uninstall first, if available, then just follow the onscreen steps. You
should be able to find a Revo guide pdf if you want it.

I installed the card with the packaged disk which gave me some included
utilities etc. Then I updated to a current driver. Maybe you could get a
more compact installation by not using the packaged disk, just using a
current driver. Not sure about that. I researched and fretted for about a
week before I did it, but it worked perfectly. I was able to find latest
drivers and other help from the AMD web site.
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU-2-ATICatalystSuiteDriverXP.aspx

Here are a few threads on the subject of your compatibility question:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=269245
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/306921-33-intel-graphics
http://hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1463587.html

Guru3D.com is a good source for info on video subjects, and a search there
may find more.
Good luck, Bob Lendrim

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Brad Feuerhelm <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an amd graphics card and a Intel machine I don't have any
> problems with it. I don't use all the bells and whistles just the normal
> stuff so I don't know for sure about all that. But the graphics card
> itself works just fine for me. I don't game but do use it extensively
> for graphic and video editing.
>
> Maybe someone here can help with the bells and whistles.
>
> Hope the card works out!
>
> Brad Feuerhelm

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com