From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 15:52:24 -0400
I there a service menu for the uv5r? If you know who to get into it even  if it is not the slightest bit blind friendly that is ok. I  need to adjust the squelch hysteresis if possible. on uhf it works great even mobile, but on vhf  any mobile flutter weather on my end or the other station's end of the contact drops out my squelch and then it takes forever to reopen it.  I can copy a signal perfectly if I  open the squelch but even with it set to it's most sensitive, which I presume is 1, it is usable on most of the vhf repeaters even with a good antenna not he car, or  simplex even with my station's antenna. any other radio is perfect under the same conditions and antennas, so it is definitely the radio.  when it is stationary it is very sensitive.   and works great for public service events through a repeater as long as I am stationary