From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 20:58:18 -0400
Harvey,

I changed the subject line to try to make it more relevant to the content of
the messages.

I understand what you're saying about having more than one service provider,
pretty much and I agree.  The kind of standards I'd like to see have to do
with the type of technology used.  For example, why can't we standardize on
one type of set-top box that would work for all cable companies?  The same
thing goes for cell phones; I should be able to change my cell phone
provider and still use the same phone I have now (assuming the technology
itself hasn't changed).  It makes no sense to have to get rid of a phone I
like just because I want to switch my carrier for a plan I like better.  But
a Verizon iPhone won't work on AT&T, and that's just plain silly.

Steve