From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 12:23:35 -0600
ah yes, the swan 270A lol.
pretty neat rig with the built in power supply and all tubes in a very small
package for the time.
I was given a 270 when I was about 14 or 15 I think so I could have a decent
radio to listen on.
Of course, I had to golden screw driver the thing...one of those sessions I
found the big coil near the power tube that carried 700 volts on it...my
finger touched it and I was thrown a couple feet back...little burn on the
finger too.
It wasn't transmitting thank god so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Anyway, always liked that rig and when I sold it along with the SBE64? it
was still transmitting at least 100 watts on most bands.
I had tuned it way back then down into the 11 meter band of course and it
went right down to about 26.5MHZ or so.

73
Colin, V A6BKX