From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:11:40 -0600
I too have had good success with trunk mounts on several cars. My
folks had one car, a late 70s Datsun, with which I had to use the
trunk mount on the side of the lid, rather than in the center of the
edge near the wind shield. That setup worked as well as any other
trunk mounted installation I have ever used.

I have seen people configure them to mount on the rear door of a van,
but don't know exactly how they did that.

Does your vehicle have a luggage rack on the roof? If so, you may be
able to get a mirror mount that will work there, but then you are
still back to how to route the feed line.

The simple answer there is that no matter how careful you are, sooner
or later the coax will break where it goes through the door, and
become brittle where it is exposed to the elements.

I have never used a glass mount, but they don't work well with certain
types of modern glass. Even when they do work, they are a compromise,
more so on 2 meters than on 440.