From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2013 14:27:16 -0400
Hi, I'm offering it to the blind hams first since it is accessible. I have a Kenwood TS-450SAT, it has the voice board in it from the piexx company in NH so the voice sounds different from the Kenwood board but it works the same. The display has a small issue with the LSB light staying on no matter what mode it's in, the mode it's in also lights up. I ran it for a month while my TS-2000 was in the shop and I don't notice any issues with it. Honestly I hate to sell it but where I'm setup in the sun room, it's just too hot out there in the summer and I need money to buy an air conditioner for out there. I guess my IC-706 may serve as backup. Anyway, the TS-450 doesn't have any filters but if you want it for CW, you'll need them. I have a power cord for it though it's cut short, if that's a deal breaker I may have an extra one I can find to throw in . I ran it hard that month I ran it and as I said, I didn't notice any problems. I have an accessible manual for it, no mic. It has the built in antenna tuner though as was the case with those radios from Kenwood it doesn't work on 160, not a problem with the tuner that's just how those radios were made but it works on all other bands. The radio plays fine on 160 with an external tuner or matched antenna for the band. The radio was actually aligned and checked out just before I got it and other than that month I ran it, I ran it last year at field day and it's sat other than that. There are some scuffs on the case though I'm told you can feel them, not see them, I don't know. I'm asking $450 plus shipping for that radio, if interested contact me, as I said, I hate to sell it I'd much rather sell 2 meter equipment but I sold all of that I'm not using other than a couple projects I'll probably never get to and the 706 will be a workable backup if need be, hopefully I won't need it and I'll get a long time out of the TS-2000. Email me off list if interested..