From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 20:28:17 -0400
Ron:

I use Outlook Express on this Windows XP computer to manage my g-mail
account.  I simply find it infinitely easier than trying to navigate the
g-mail web site.

Regarding settings, I'm not an expert on these things, but here's what I
recall from the last time I set things up.

For my in-coming g-mail server setting, I use imap, and for my outgoing
g-mail server setting, i use SMPT.

On my Windows 7 work laptop, I manage my g-mail account with Outlook 2010,
and, although it seemed to be harder to set up, it appears to work just
about as well.

I know that some on the blind hams list are much more skilled than I am at
this sort of thing, so feel free to ask others.  I'm sure you'll get a wide
variety of opinions and suggestions.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ