From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:45:53 -0500
Colleen,

In regard to your comments about children not being prepared for life.
Since my wife and I are blind, our children would read quite a bit when they
were younger, especially, signs, menus and a lot of brochures when we were
traveling on vacation or looking for a place to vacation.  etc., as a
result, they are ace spellers and read two to three grades above their grade
level.  They are adults now and will benefit from this.  My older son helped
with mechanical issues around the house and I feel this probably contributed
to him now being an aircraft mechanic, graduating with a 3.9 average from
his aviation school.  Our other son is studying mathematics and computer
science and has not yet decided what he wants to do after two years of
college, not uncommon.  He is transferring from community college to a
university for his third year and majoring in mathematics.

73

Howard #3

Howard #3