From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:49:10 -0500
That of course was very wrong, Butch.

I remember getting my third class phone license in 1970.  Then if you were
blind, it contained a restrictive statement that said that this license was
not valid at any station not adapted for a blind person.  But the FCC never
defined what such an adaptation was.  It was totally ridiculous to even have
such a restriction if they weren't even going to define how a station could
be legal for a blind person.  I am told later, they did say that there had
to be audible or tactile equipment present, but they placed this restriction
on third class licenses without any foundation whatsoever which further
discouraged radio stations from hiring us.  I presented a resolution to the
NFB to have this restriction removed which passed, but I believe they did
away with the third class license before it could be implemented.
Harvey