From:
David Weigel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2013 19:32:47 -0400
Hello again to a most active, responsive List!

            Thank you so very much for the informative responses you
provided to me since I entered the group late Thursday night.  I've been
away from home or off the laptopp much of yesterday and today, and as Mr.
Kaufman indicated, the List messages were piling up fast.  Quickly, I note a
friendly, fast-moving nature of communication here, and it brings a smile to
my face as we cope with common interests and life in general.

            Collectively, you have given me some "homework" to do: some
websites to check out; and some research on Kenwood and Icom equipment, and
some others.  It appears that those talking wattmeters are in demand,
judging from the emails making the rounds today.  I will e-mail several of
you responders starting later this evening affter a late dinner out.

A little additional info:  I received my initial Novice license in 1966 when
I was a senior in High school, but went away to college and never got on the
air.  (initial call: W9SHC)  I'm 65 years of age, have spent a career as an
attorney, and reside in Naples, Florida.

Thanks again for your warm welcome.   Dave Weigel - KD4JEZ