From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:11:47 -0600
I think the only people afraid of the blind word are those who attempt to be
what they think is more correct, or less offensive, or somehow less
insulting.
It's hilarious listening to people stumble around and try to find the right
term...usually I just say I'm blind, and I know it, and you know it, so it's
ok if you call it what it is lol.
particular organizations like to think it's just a newcence, but it's more
than that...however it is what it is and we just deal with the limitations
it forces upon us.  Limitations as compared to how our sighted counterparts
are able to function is all.
Not mental or psychological or necesarily really physical in nature as we
all know.
I can drive just fine, but not like a sighted person can drive...and the
fact is that it's all sighted people out there driving, so I must accept the
limitation that I cannot operate the vehicle in the same fashion as they do,
therefore I am not going to attempt it.

Anyway, yep, it sucks, but it's there and needs to be dealt with in the best
way possible by each individual.

73
Colin, V A6BKX