From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 07:21:07 -0400
I think you mean $800 to 11000. If you want or need to go used, there are a
lot of good used radios out there, ts-450, ts-850, the ts-570/870 series, on
newer. I run a Kenwood TS-2000 myself which I like and have a TW-1 for
tuning which is very close. My backup radio is a Kenwood TS-450 which is 20
years old but while my TS-2000 is in the shop I'm running that and it's not
a bad radio. A little less verbose than the TS-2000 but to me the TS-2000
says to much anyway. I don't need to hear the current memory every time I
change one or current frequency every time I change bands. Icom isn't too
bad either for accessible radios. I've used a TS-520 as well though and
they're not unworkable if you know the tricks. I kind of miss the hybrid
radios actually but on my budget right now and with my space, plus with
everything I hook up to my radio for digital and what not, for all I'm
involved in, swapping radios for the fun of it is no fun in itself anymore.