From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 01:24:45 +0100
Hi Dan,

I bought several very cheap USB to serial adaptors from an Amazon seller for
90 pence each.  I guess that's about $1.30 or so.  They use the Prolific
chip set, and I've downloaded the drivers for Windows 64 bit.  Several of my
friends have had problems with the Prolific drivers and Windows, and have
gone for the apparently more reliable FTDI chip set adaptors.

The connector at the rear of my TS-2000 has a male connector, where you can
feel the pins, and my USB to serial adaptor has the same.  I needed to buy a
9 pin female to female gender changer to make the connection.  Fortunately
there is nothing special about the serial connection to Kenwood rigs, and
there Is no need for cross over serial cables.

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals