From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:52:15 -0400
Hi Don,

My first solid state amp was the Ameritron ALS-600.  When the ALS 1300 came
out, I sold the 600 and bought the ALS1300 amp.  Both amps have been great
amps for me and I would highly recommend either.

When I first got the ALS-1300, when I began bringing up the output power,
the amp suddenly quit.  Ameritron paid shipping both ways and said that I
had received some missmatch transistors which had caused the problem.  They
replaced all eight transistors and I have not had a problem since.  40 watts
drive gives me 1000 watts output and the highest output that I've ever
gotten was 1384 watts when I was testing the amp right after I got it back
from Ameritron.

Remember that solid state amps must work in to a low swr.  Unless your
antennas are really flat, I highly recommend a antenna tuner between the amp
and your antenna.

73

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]