From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:44:58 -0600
ah yes, understood.

I think building a unit that has the capacity for both HF, and 6M as well as
VHF and UHF is certainly something everyone wants.  Yes, it'll push the
price point higher, but having to buy two separate meters would also be more
expensive.
Also, purchasing something like the elecraft SWR and power meter with the
separate cupplers for HF, and VHF/UHF along with the hampod is somewhat cost
prohibitive as well by the time you get it all.
So, something right around the 150GP or 200/225 dollar US mark that is high
power and does HF to UHF would be a pretty hot item.
Or, a unit that can be upgraded with a modular board for VHF and UHF at a
later point would also be popular.
I guess if this is a serious proposal, then putting the word out and asking
for people to commit to buying a unit might be advisable.
Obviously this list is only a small per centage of the total blind hams in
the world who would benefit from something like this.

73
Colin, V A6BKX