From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:35:18 -0400
Howard,

I switched from Charter cable phone service to Magic Jack plus over a year
ago and found the service to be ok, but voice quality was not as good.  411
service only covers businesses.  If you get Magic Jack, I'd get the plus
model and you can hook it up to your router and don't have to keep a
computer on.

I just switch to Google Voice using an OBI talk202 voip box.  The Google
Voice quality is much better, but no 411 service and I use the old tell me
service that has a new phone number which is
888247-2425

At the present time Google Voice is free and you should be able to get a
local number in your area.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]