Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 17:06:45 -0700
Ok, here goes. I'm finally in a place where I can build my first system. I
would like any opinions that you have. I have come to really respect many
who contribute their time to these lists. Here's my plan, open for critique:
I have now a P120 with a 1GB HD, Ensonic sound card, Sportster 28.8. 2940UW
controller, STB something 64 video
with Sony 17sf. What I am considering are as follows:
ABIT LX6
PII 233 or 266
ATI AGP Xpert@something
Floppy
Moving Adaptec to this system
Plextor SCSI CD
IBM UWSCSI HD 4.5GB
Sound may be new, may be existing moved
May move modem, may go 56k, may see if Pacific Bell is going DSL in my
lifetime
All with the intention of using 120 as a server NICed to this as a NetWare
system. New machine to be main work station. Would appreciate any thoughts
on NIC cards, Ethernet. 3COM? Model #s?
Thanks for input
Brad Loomis
Morro Bay, CA