From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 09:19:54 -0400
Hi,

Actually, these were developed (wired version first) for runners and joggers. The company never even considered that they'd be useful for blind folks, but once they were made aware of how exciting this was for us, they've really embraced our community.

I have both an original wired set (which I bought when they first came out last year, yes I was excited about them), and I just got the BlueZ bluetooth ones about three weeks ago. I'm definitely a fan of these. While you won't get hi fi audio with thumping bass and super defined highs, you'll get generally good sound quality, certainly good enough, and excellent for spoken word or voice synthesizers or GPS. Music even sounds decent, considering the technology, and understanding the tradeoffs. There is some audio leakage, so people near you may hear your audio, something like an old '80's Walkman, but again, since these things sit in front of your ears, I can sort of understand that. I think these are a great option for any blind person, especially one who does any amount of traveling and needs to hear GPS or something like that.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY