From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:59:58 -0400
Scott:

A 40-amp power supply will be more than adequate for the TMV71A, especially
when you consider the maximum power draw of the rig on high power is about
12 amps, if I remember correctly.

As for Anderson power poles, you will need two sets--one for the positive
connection to the power supply, and one for the negative connection.

I would strongly suggest not altering the rig's power connector.  In other
words, use the DC power connector that is provided with the rig, and then
attach your power pole connectors to the tinned bare wire power connections
on the other end of the provided power cord, and the DC power cord that you
ultimately will connect to the supply.

P.S.  West Mountain Radio sells a great Anderson Power crimping tool that
makes very sound power pole connections, without the need for soldering.

I can provide you with the link if you'd like, but you could probably just
as easily get the needed information via a google search.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ