Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:30:36 -0400
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
I have read the frequencies listed in Popular Communications, but don't
remember all of them.  I don't think you can find AFN 24 hours a day from
the United States.  I think that one of the Key West frequencies was 7811
USB.  Everything has gone to satellite and to television; it is nothing like
the blanket coverage that existed, using VOA AM transmitters, when I was
growing up.  AFN has also been reported from Diego Garcia (Indian Ocean) and
from Kodiak, Alaska, I think, but you're not going to have reliable
reception.  Better to have general coverage HF, AM, FM, TV and XM, if you
want to maintain situational awareness beyond your local EmComm links.