ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 20:34:40 -0500
I want to share something deep on this subject.  I've gone to mental
health day treatment for around 20 years now.  There were a few times
when I tried jobs that were short-lived here in Idaho, including times
when I thought I wanted to "get on with my life".  Now I'm going to a
place called Affinity, where I had left for Daybreak Mental Wellness
which I liked much better but eventually closed, so it's back to where
I don't really want to be.  I tried just having someone work with me
for a few hours a week, but I found it unsafe for me to stay home so
much and wasn't following through much with getting a volunteer work.
So I decided, with tears,  to go back to Affinity.  But my attitude is
changing some.  Yes, it's possible for me to remain in this kind of
environment, but that doesn't mean I have to do things that are less
important than other who seem to be working hard and "really helping
people".  I've thought of Joseph, the slave in Egypt who ended up in
prison for something he didn't even do!  Yet it was an important place
to serve The Lord.  I'm seeing that where I am is a just-as-important
place to plant seeds and help the other clients-which is a big area of
interest to me anyway!  Technically a client?  Yes, but what an
opportunity to serve!

So Lord, if this is where you want me right now, thank you for this privilege!