ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Grant E. Metcalf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2011 09:59:28 -0700
First a quotation:
Phil 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in
whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means,
and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I
have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having
abundance and suffering need. 13 I can do all things through Him who
strengthens me.

The principle of contentment is one that crosses all areas of life.  With
some light perception, I've been blind now for over 60 years and have
learned contentment. Hopefully the next things I will truly see is my Lord!

But as touching the retinal implants let me mention a couple of things.
1. These will probably work best for those who have recently experienced
vision loss, in particular loss related to retinal damage or deterioration.
2. Other forms of vision loss probably won't be helped, such as injury to
the eyeball et cetera.
3. Deterioration of the eyes often takes place after initial injury or
disease. For me, after my right eye was injured, my left one sympathized.
What I now need is both an eye and a brain transplant. smile
4. I am aware of people, and personally kknow one person, who have had their
sight recovered through surgery and yet their brain was unable to properly
interpret what they now can see. Length of time without sight is quite
probably a factor for this.

All that said, I wish the best for all who might benefit from such
advancements. But as for me, as above, I would see Jesus!

Listening for His shout!

Grant

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6009 (20110402) __________

http://www.eset.com