From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 00:47:38 -0400
Hi Group,

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have pretty much solved the issue by
moving the transmitter as far away from the computer and speakers as
possible.  I think I might have to get it a bit further because at times I
still hear a bit of hum, but at least about 90% of the issue is gone.  I
have a 6 foot audio cable.  Maybe I should get 1 a bit longer--perhaps 8 or
10 feet.

From: Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:39:35 -0700

it might be picking up the pulsations from your WIFI setup.  try
temporarily turning that off and see if it goes away.
if it does, try using the transmitter further away from your
modem? router?

At 11:05 PM 03/10/13, you wrote:
     Hi list,

Since this is one of the lists where I got information about an
FM
transmitter for feeding audio from my computer to FM receivers
through out
my house and property, I thought I would inquire here again.

I have purchased the Sansonic FM transmitter that someone
referenced on this
list a few months ago.  It does a real nice job with meeting my
requirements
of clear and clean signals through out my property.  However, I
have run
into one problem.  I have the transmitter fairly close to the
computer from
which I am running the audio.  It is about 4 feet away from the
computer.  I
am getting a pulsating hum through the computer speakers when the
transmitter is operating.  The transmitter runs from 1 to 7
watts.  In light
of the issue, I don't dare put the power any higher than 1
watt--and I
really don't need to anyway.

What can I do to solve this problem?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.