From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:41:01 -0500
I'm pretty sure that antenna impedance will be the most affected for
antennas less than a quarter wave above ground, and will go up and down in a
damped sinusoidal pattern as it is raised further. You would probably need
to be up 3 wavelengths or more to have minimal interaction.  If you're
talking about radiation angle, it is most affected if the ground is very
conductive.  As you get higher than a half wavelength above a conductive
ground, you begin to develop lobes and nulls in the elevation pattern.  If I
had some time, I would obtain a copy of EZ-NEC or a similar program and see
if I could read any of its output.