From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 04:14:56 -0600
easy enough to program the UV5R.  The UV3R is an entirely different matter
and is nearly impossible to program without sight either via the radio, or
via software.
I say nearly impossible, but I guess with a really good memory and lots of
practice, you could probably program the uv3r by hand...though it's awfully
tedious.
the uv5r has a full keypad with some speech as well so it's a snap to
program by hand.

73
Colin, V A6BKX