From:
Deborah Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:48:32 -0700
My husband is a VE. He says that the software that generates exams can now
be programmed to generate exams  for a blind candidate and therefore select
no questions with graphics.

It's fun to read about the challenges the old-timers had.  I remember that I
requested my advanced exam be in Braille just so I could avoid the
possibility of diagrams.

I think if you had to travel to an FCC office, and put up with whatever
reader they gave you,  that you appreciated that license so much more.

My husband  is often asked to read the exam out loud to blind or low-vision
test-takers, and  I'm glad for them that they get a reader who knows what
he's doing!

--Debee