From:
COLLEEN ROTH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 17:05:40 -0400
Hello,
I think that explaining things to your daughter at a later time in private was probably a good thing.
Sometimes kids just go through a kid thing. Of course that doesn't mean that it's OK, it just means that we can't have a Major Hiss about it.
Sometimes we just expect kids to act older than they are or do not remember that they are just kids.
A little responsibility is one thing, but too much is quite another. When I went to get the Adoption Announcements for our daughter the lady at the printer said it was so nice we were adopting a child to help us.
I then explained to er that our daughter would be tetal care and that she would always need people ! meet her Personal Care Needs.
She was rather flabbergasted.
I think kids can really do a lot in a family, years ago it was expected. You just pitched in and the family worked together.
Maybe a little more of this would be a good thing.
How many kids today are prepared when they go out on their own?
How many can cook, clean, shmp, and feel comfortable with Child Care. I am not talking about Microwave Processed Foods.
This goes for blind and sighted children and young adults.
Colleen Roth