Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 18:52:32 -0400
Yeah, and if you were in Michigan in 1980 through 2000 or so, you weren't
disabled, you were a handicapper.  I remember the day the legislature
approved that in the Civil Rights Act in Michigan; the guy I worked for at
the time got so excited.  The feeling was handicapper is someone who
determines the extent if any he/she allows their limitations to affect the.

Personally, I'm not in to the politically correct thing.  It is more
uncomfortable to hear a sightie stammer and stumble around trying to find
the right word.

And, I think there is a lot of over-simplification.  I've heard people from
a certain organization claim that blind people can do anything, except for
driving.  There are a lot of us who do amazing things; but, to state that we
can do anything or do it as fast and as well is not generally valid.  I did
a lot of things hobby-wise and career-wise, but there were things that I
couldn't do as well or as fast as sighted co-workers; while there were other
areas where I was certainly competitive.