From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 06:53:58 -0400
I use those connectors all the time and that coax does have stranded center
conductor, I know what you mean. I usually take some thin low melt solder,
rap it around the exposed center conductor a couple times and take the
soldering gun and keep going back and forth on it. That way as the solder
melts you're spreading it along the conductor and it makes the nicest job
you've ever seen after a little while of doing it. If you don't do that you
end up with globs but I find going back and forth eliminates that and the
strands will stay together and it makes a better connection when you solder
the connector.