From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 21:19:37 -0400
I've heard of instances with icom radios and that stupid modular jack like
the 706 has where sometimes the contacts can get bent. I wonder if that
happened to you and maybe there is a very slight manufacturing difference in
the 2 mic plugs, maybe so minor you can't even tell but the minor difference
and minor bent contact is the problem. If it's working I wouldn't worry
about it, I'm just saying I've heard of those contacts getting bent and it
doing funny things, or, it could be that something is bent in that rear
panel but it's a contact not in use on the hand mic like the voltage one
which is usually the one that happens to as a matter of fact. I think the
SM-20 uses the voltage from the radio and the hand mic doesn't. Just a
thought but that sounds like what it is to me. Where the rear mic jack has
the problem and the front face plate one doesn't, plugging it in to the face
plate will have to do for now.